We need volunteers like you to support the 10th annual Rooting DC forum! Rooting DC relies on community support to organize a successful event that includes over 1,200 attendees and more than 60 local nonprofits and urban farm collectives.
Volunteer opportunities are available throughout the day and are structured to allow you to enjoy the forum as an attendee as well! By #rootingdc together, we can build a healthier city.
Rooting DC Volunteer Roles
Set Up – Support setting up the conference’s info fair and workshop rooms. Some light manual labor including setting up tables and moving furniture will be required during this volunteer shift.
2nd Floor Monitor – Support directing attendees to various workshops and events.
Registration – Check in pre-registered attendees and register walk-in attendees. Registration Volunteers must have a smartphone and be willing to use and download the free Eventbrite Neon App.
Workshop Runner – Help presenters set up and clean up after each session, help presenters with any AV issues that arise by troubleshooting or contacting conference organizers for additional support.
Info Fair Breakdown – Support cleaning up the conference’s info fair. Some light manual labor including breaking down tables and moving furniture will be required during this volunteer shift.
How to Sign Up for a Shift
- Scroll through the calendar using the arrows to find Saturday, February 18, 2017. You can view the calendar by month, week, or day.
- Click on the role and shift that you would like to volunteer.
- Read all of the shift details, and click “sign up” next to the time that you want to volunteer.
- Enter your first name, last name, and email address. Click “sign up.”
- You will receive a confirmation email with all of your shift details.
Volunteers must also complete conference registration. Questions about volunteering with Rooting DC? Contact Brittany at email@example.com.